Sunday, April 5, 2009

Colors!

So last update was almost two weeks ago. There's a simple reason for that: I wasn't satisfied with the results. One thing's for sure... I Don't really have a problem with coloring, lighting and inking. It's the damn shadows! Ever since I had my tablet, I've been trying to find a decent way to draw shadows. And the sad truth is that I'm still not 100% sure about the product.

I mean some of these are believable enough. To be honest, if I posted them here it's because I think they're pretty enough to be on this blog... Still, there's something not right and I've been trying to put my finger on it for the last week or so.

The progress :
-About 6-7 hours to draw the facial expressions and be happy with them;
-About 6 hours to ink;
-4 hours total to put color in them (I had to start over a few times because of layer mix-ups)
-Aaand a good 20 hours or so to mess with the shadows and lighting.

So you can immediately see where the problem is. And think about it: I was doing shadows on something I'm already way better at than anything else, and that's the human body. That makes me extra afraid of landscapes and objects.

In time my friends... in time.



Cheers.

2 comments:

  1. How many beers did you get during the process?

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! Unfortunately, when it comes to drawing, there's no such thing as a Ballmer peak. I have to stay sober for this to work ;)

    ReplyDelete